Would you like to find some balance?
This past year and a half has been a rollercoaster ride for so many of us, trying to manage our own needs with the often overwhelming needs of our children. Art journaling can offer a modicum of peace and perspective. For two hours a week make some time to find some clarity-a break from the constant overwhelm of needs of everyone else, and a chance to put things in perspective.
This is an opportunity for you to make time for yourself while you connect with other amazing women. Learn the basics of art journaling in a space where there is no judgement, no criticism, just encouragement, and exploration, with a side order of fun.
How it works
We will meet every week over Zoom for 6 weeks and spend 2 hours digging deep into what it means to parent. We will explore our goals and values for ourselves and our children all while exploring and expressing ourselves creatively. Through writing prompts, paint suggestions, and guidance on composition you will create art journal pages that express you. This is a no-rules, can't do it wrong art class where all levels of art experience are welcome.
Who is this class for?
This class is for all the parents who just need to come up for air. Who have spent so much time looking after others that they've forgotten about themselves.
This class is for anyone:
- looking for connection with others in a safe and creative space
- looking for a group of parents who 'get it'
- discuss and examine parenting philosophies and ideas
- looking to get in touch with their inner artist-but has been discouraged or criticized or corrected (there's none of that going on here!)
- who likes a good laugh, (and sometimes a good cry)
What you will get out of it:
- some peace-a chance for a little bit of respit
- likely some insights-journaling often does that for us
- a place and space to express yourself safely and freely
- connection to others sharing this journey
Art Journaling can be vulnerable.
This class is a place where feelings get felt, expressed, and witnessed. Art journaling has a way of opening us up to often hidden things. It makes us vulnerable and calls upon our courage. These things we are free to share with the group, (or not) so if you are ready to be supportive and be supported-please join us.Details and schedule
This class is 8-10 pm Wednesdays evenings September 15- October 20
topics* we will be covering are:
- Introduction to the art journaling process
- Islands-your child (and yourself) are more than their current state
- Progress-and it's inherent dangers as a mindset
- Hearts-a love letter
- Emotional buffet
- Circles-literal and figurative
*these topics are guidelines and as with all my classes the program is fluid and responses to the needs of the group.
The fee for the class is $180 and registration information can be found here.
What others are saying
I was cautious at first as I don’t see myself as an artistic person, but I had a moment of realization during the group that this feeling of creativity is exactly what I have been missing and what I need to explore more about myself. I liked that the group was small, and it felt like a safe community.
Art Journaling with Anna has changed my life! I love the process involved in creating each page. Transforming thoughts into Art and learning not to judge my work has brought me great joy! I've never been one to write in a journal...but THIS!! This is it for me! I am such a visual person so I get so excited at the idea of "making something".
"I literally can't stop!"