There's not a lot of time left before the world goes back to how it was. (hopefully/maybe)
Take this opportunity to spend some time with your young person connecting in these last few weeks of summer 2021. Sit beside them, create with them, bond with them, connect with them, in a place where there's no right or wrong, you can't make a mistake, and feelings are felt, and shared.
How it works
We will meet Thursday evenings for 2 hours over Zoom and explore the freedom of art journaling. This is a very 'do your own thing' class. We start with a writing prompt, then a suggested paint technique, add some collage, and see where we end up. With encouragement and support you can discover your personal evolving style, and open yourself up to a whole new world of expression.
Who is this class for?
- Parents looking to spend real quality time with their child-not the pretend forced kind of quality time
- If you are looking for a way to close the circle on the last couple of years
- Anyone looking for a way to be with their child, in a peer-supported setting
- Anyone who needs some creativity in their lives and isn't sure where to start
- Parents worried about what their child is really thinking
- Parents looking for a way to connect with their artsy kid
What you will get out of it:
- A place to watch your child express themselves freely
- A framework for communication that doesn't end after the class
- A way to get in touch with your inner artist
- Peace...just peace
- A judgment-free time to experiment-for both you and your child
Art journaling has a way of opening us up to often hidden things
This class is a place where feelings get felt, get expressed, and witnessed so if you are ready to be supportive and be supported-please join us.
3 weekly classes on Thursday evenings 7-9*
*sometimes an hour and a half is enough for younger kids giving parents a chance to linger and connect once they've wandered off.
August 12, 19, 26
To provide an intimate atmosphere and make sure everyone gets enough attention while maintaining a calm and soothing space that encourages creativity class size will be kept to 5 pairs families when possible.
The fee for the class is $100
You can find a complete supply list here.