I'm a compartmentalizer (I might have made that word up). When I have big things going on in my life, I need to have a contained time and place to work through it, otherwise it takes over my whole life. Or, I use my go to strategy of avoiding, and push it all down and away, and pretend everything's alright. Hint: This doesn't actually work as well as I pretend it does.
That's why I've created this class, to offer a contained time and place to process whatever it is you need to work through in a safe space.
You don't have to share any details, but know if you do you will be met with kindness and gentleness.
How it works
Each week we will meet for 2 hours over Zoom. We start with a check in, then a journaling prompt to get our pens moving. Writing will be a big part of this class, and you may want to have a notebook for your writing. Next we do painting, and collage, and finish up with text.
Who is this class for?
This class is for:
- anyone at a cross roads in their lives-retire/don't retire; downsize/stay put; new job/fix current job the list is actually endless,of the transitions we face and decisions we need to make
- anyone looking for connection with others in a safe and creative space
- anyone needing time and space to work through big things
- anyone who likes a good laugh, (and sometimes a good cry)
What you will get out of it:
- 2 hours a week where you can breathe, be safe, and be yourself
- connection to other journalers sharing their journey
- some peace
- an opportunity to examine some things in your life you haven't had time for
- a realization of your own creativity
- a place and space to express yourself safely and freely
Art Journaling can be vulnerable.
This class is a place where feelings get felt, expressed, and witnessed. Art journaling has a way of opening us up to often hidden things, it makes us vulnerable and calls upon our courage. These things we are free to share with the group, (or not) so if you are ready to be supportive and be supported-please join us. This is a no-rules, can't do it wrong art class where all and no levels of art experience are welcome.
Details January 2024
- Evening session begins Tuesday January 7, 8-10 pm
- All classes are on Zoom.
- If you have a group of 3 or more people we can work together to arrange a private class.
- If you have a space and want to organize in person classes, contact me to discuss.
The fee for the class is $150.00 per session and includes a journal, a paper pack and a National Geographic.
What others are saying
Art Journaling with Anna has changed my life! I love the process involved in creating each page. Transforming thoughts into Art and learning not to judge my work has brought me great joy! I've never been one to write in a journal...but THIS!! This is it for me! I am such a visual person so I get so excited at the idea of "making something".
"I literally can't stop!"